Welcome to the Worth v. CVS Pharmacy, Inc. Settlement Website
If you purchased a CVS brand Algal-900 DHA dietary supplement, your rights may be affected and you could get benefits from a proposed class action settlement.
Update: The deadline to submit a claim has passed. Claims are currently being reviewed and a distribution date is currently unavailable. Please continue to check this website for additional updates.
- A proposed Settlement has been reached with CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (“CVS”) in a class action lawsuit about the statements made on the labels and packaging of a CVS-branded dietary supplement containing docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
- You are included in the Settlement if you purchased a CVS-branded Algal-900 DHA dietary supplement in the United States between November 15, 2008 and September 30, 2016 that contained claims of “clinically shown to improve memory” or “clinically shown memory improvement” on the label or packaging (“CVS Algal-900 DHA Products”).
- Those included may submit a Claim Form to receive:
- a refund of the price(s) paid to purchase CVS Algal-900 DHA Products—if the Claim Form is accompanied by a Proof of Purchase that shows the actual price paid;
- a cash payment equal to the average retail price of CVS Algal-900 DHA Products—if the Claim Form is accompanied by a Proof of Purchase reflecting the purchase of Algal-900 DHA but not the price;
- an ExtraCare account credit in the amount of your CVS Algal-900 DHA Product purchase(s)—if the Claim Form is submitted without Proof of Purchase, but CVS’s records indicate you purchased the Product using an ExtraCare account;
- a voucher in the amount of your CVS Algal-900 DHA Product purchase(s) that is good toward the purchase of any product sold at CVS—if the Claim Form is submitted without Proof of Purchase, but CVS’s records indicate you purchased Algal-900 DHA online through www.CVS.com and there is no ExtraCare account associated with your purchase;
- a maximum of $5.50 in cash (payable via check) or a $7.00 voucher toward the purchase of any product sold at CVS—if the Claim Form is submitted without Proof of Purchase and CVS does not have record of your CVS Algal-900 DHA Product purchase(s).
- Your rights are affected whether you act or do not act.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM BY DECEMBER 12, 2019||This is the only way to receive a refund, cash payment, ExtraCare account credit, or voucher. If you submit a Claim Form, you will give up the right to sue CVS in a seperate lawsuit about the claims this Settlement resolves. To submit a Claim Form online use the File a Claim tab.|
|ASK TO BE EXCLUDED BY SEPTEMBER 13, 2019||This is the only option that allows you to sue, continue to sue, or be part of another lawsuit against CVS related to the legal claims that this Settlement resolves. If you ask to be excluded, you will no longer be eligible to receive a refund, cash payment, ExtraCare account credit, or voucher from this Settlement. To submit an Opt-Out form online use the Opt-Out tab.|
|OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT BY SEPTEMBER 13, 2019||If you do not exclude yourself from the Settlement, you may object to it by writing to the Court with the reasons why you do not like the Settlmenet. You may also file a Claim Form. To submit a Claim Form online use the File a Claim tab.|
|ATTEND A HEARING ON SEPTEMBER 26, 2019, 2:00 P.M.||You may ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlment. You may also enter an appearance in Court through an attorney, at your own expense.|
|DO NOTHING||If you do nothing, you will not receive a refund, cash payment, ExtraCare account credit, or voucher and you will give up your right to sue CVS on your own regarding any claims that are resolved by this Settlement.|
The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. The settlement benefits will be made available if the Court approves the Settlement and after any appeals are resolved.